The first step to take in building your drop ship website is to choose a domain name and set up an approved host. I’ll show you exactly how to do that now. Click on the video below to be guided through step by step.
Today I’ll walk through step by step with helping you set up the foundation system for your drop ship website.
At this point you’re not ready to add products or anything else. You are simply going to learn how to set up the basic framework system of your drop ship site so you can work toward the goals of getting accepted with suppliers and customizing the site later when you choose to officially launch. The three major reason why it is important to set up the basics of your drop ship website system right now are:
- to prove you are serious about building a drop ship business.
- to secure your own website URL-domain name to share with your specific suppliers when you apply to work with them. Most suppliers worth doing business with will not work with you unless you have at least the basics of your website set up.
- to have a site that you can customize in more detail in preparation for your official launch day.
Don’t worry if you’re not too technical in setting up a website because in this day and age setting up a website is pretty simple. You don’t need to be a programmer to have a solid website system.
Now, you could literally spend days researching all the pros and cons of hundreds of ecommerce systems out there. So to help you sift through all that I will simply share with you the system I use for my self as well as for thousands of other drop shippers I’ve helped. I will then guide you through setting it up for yourself in the next 10 minutes.
The best system to set up, especially for newbies starting a drop ship business, is to use Wordpress on Bluehost. Here are 4 major reasons:
- It’s very fast and easy to set up, affordable and flexible. You can literally build any time of site using WordPress. So if you change your mind down the road about building a drop ship business you don’t have to spend any more time or money finding another host or system because you will already have a solid drop ship host and a flexible website system called WordPress.
- You will have 100% control over your site. Many systems don’t give you that type of control but WordPress does because you are self-hosting it on your own account at Bluehost.
- You can set up unlimited ecommerce stores. That’s right, there is no further cost at all to set up more sites with Bluehost. Other 3rd party ecommerce platforms charge lots of money to have more sites.
- WordPress is used by millions of people across the globe and powers over 25% of all the websites in the entire world!