Hello again and welcome to Module 1 – Lessons 1 and 2 “Brainstorming Names”.
You are going to learn the best way of selecting a domain name for your website.
In this module we will be covering the following:
- Mod 1: Domain name selection.
- Lesson 1: Brainstorming names.
- Vision, purpose of site (blog, store, service biz, etc?).
- Simple to understand.
- Avoid homonyms like 4, four, for.
- Avoid dashes.
- Shorter the better.
- Domain extensions such as .com, .org, .net, .edu, .gov etc.
- .com is the best, most frequently used and understood by people.
- Secure your branded names for the future.
- .com is plenty for starting out.
- Lesson 2: Brainstorming names.
- “Branded” domain name, vs “Keyword” domain name.
- Keyword domain (tells you what it’s about in the name).
- Search engines like Google, Bing, etc send you more traffic when you have a keyword domain name (many times, not always).
- Branded domain name:
- Google, facebook, Nike, etc.
- Gives you a unique, one of kind name.
To view your next video for today’s training, click on the “Mark Complete” button below to advance to the training.